FMI (F & M Installations Ltd.) was incorporated in 1985 and has compiled an excellent record of achievement in the completion of large multi‐disciplined and complex projects. FMI is an all trades contractor who is well known in the construction industry, particularly in the Electrical Power Business as an honest and reliable company dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients.
FMI has enjoyed a long term business relationship with many repeat clients. Over the past 27 years, FMI has completed numerous complex projects for BC Hydro and BCTC including:
- over 100 substations across the province (5 green field projects: Mt. Lehman, Harvie Rd, Haney, Fox Creek, Function Junction) – BCTC/BC Hydro
- Burrard Thermal Power Plant (multi trade work) – BC Hydro
- 5 EPC Substations (complete civil and electrical construction services)– BCTC
- Fairview Terminal (electrical portion) – Prince Rupert Port Authority
- Ladore and Strathcona spill gates refurbishment in 2007. – BC Hydro
We take pride in our ability to manage and complete complex projects in a timely manner and within budget.
FMI has gained vast experience over the years, in particular with the large amount of SF6 gas handling, critical lifting, critical rigging, and precision GIS breaker installations. We are very well versed in the working environment, logistics, and above all safety and environmental issues.
FMI is C.O.R. certified in both our Occupational Health & Safety and Return to Work programs. FMI will ensure site safety by following WCB standards, utilizing an experienced crew and full time site security.
With staff ranging from 100 to peaks of over 300 employees, we are a major force in the Power Utility Business.
FMI is dedicated and committed to satisfying and exceeding our client’s expectations by providing superior workmanship and quality assurance without sacrificing safety, in an efficient and timely manner.